pursuant to GDPR
Summary: this website is intended only for your information. We do not use any social media plug-ins. We do not use any tracking software such as Google Analytics or Matomo. Nor do we use any cookies. Website visits are rendered anonymous and saved in server logfiles. We only use these data internally for cooperation with you; they are only forwarded to third parties if stipulated in statutory regulations. Our server is located in Germany.
1. Name and address of the controller or the person responsible for processing the data (Article 13 1a) and b) GDPR)
We are exempt from the obligation to appoint a data protection officer due to the size of our company.
2. Purposes of the processing for which the personal data are intended as well as the legal basis for the processing (Art. 13 (1) (c) GDPR)
The corporate purpose of the company is the translating, proofreading and editing of texts in various languages and the provision of related services. The main purpose of collecting, processing and using personal data consists in contract processing. Subsidiary purposes include customer and supplier administration as well as contract initiation.
Personal data are collected, processed and used for the following groups of people, as far as this is necessary for fulfilling the aforementioned purposes:
- Customers: address and contact details, contract data, billing data, payment data, other service information
- Suppliers: address and contact details, contract data, billing data, other service information
- Prospective customers: address and contact details, other service information
Personal data will only be processed if one of the following applies:
- The data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes (Art. 6 (1) GDPR).
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract (Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR).
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR).
3. Recipients or categories of recipients of personal data (Art. 13 (1) (e) and (f) GDPR)
Personal data are only used internally and are passed on only in accordance with legal provisions:
- to public authorities, if and as required by law.
- to service providers as vicarious agents, insofar as the data are required for fulfilling the purposes stated under 2. above.
Personal data are not transmitted to a third country or to an international organization.
4. Period for which the personal data will be stored (Art. 13 (2) (a) GDPR)
The personal data will be erased on completion of the contract at the data subject’s request.
5. Right to access, rectification and erasure; right to lodge a complaint (Art. 13 (2) b) to d) GDPR)
- Data subjects have the right to request access to their personal data.
- Data subjects have the right to request rectification of incorrect or incomplete personal data.
- Data subjects have the right to request erasure of their personal data or to restrict the use of such data unless proscribed by law (e.g. tax law) or contractual agreement.
- Data subjects have the right to revoke their consent for processing pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (a) GDRP unless proscribed by law (e.g. tax law) or contractual agreement.
These measures are provided free of charge; all that is required is a simple message to us in text form.
Data subjects are entitled to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority responsible for us is the State Commissioner for the Protection of Data and Freedom of Information:
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit
Postfach 20 04 44
6. Obligation to provide data (Art. 13 (2) (e) GDPR)
The provision of personal data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. In this case, the data subject is obligated to provide the personal data. Failure to provide the requested personal data may make it impossible for us to enter into a contract with the data subject.
7. Automated decision-making (Art. 13 (2) (f) GDPR)
We do not use any form of automated decision-making and profiling regarding personal data pursuant to Article 22 (1) and (4) GDPR
8. Other information
On visiting one of our pages, our hosting provider automatically acquires anonymous access data (which cannot be assigned to any one person), as is common practice on the internet. These data are automatically transmitted by the visitor’s browser and collected by our provider in a log file (browser type and version, operating system, URL of the previously visited page, host name or IP address of your computer or router, accessed file as well as date and time of access). This data collection is used for statistical evaluation of our website and to defend against hackers and other threats, such as cyber crimes. These data will not be merged with other data sources or shared with third parties. We no longer have access to the log data after a period of 6 weeks.
We do not use any analysis tools (such as Google Analytics). There are no advertisements and no trackers on our pages. Our website offers no payment options. Our website does not place any cookies on your device.